Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tasty Treats

life is "calming down" apparently. And by "calming down," I mean we have time to be running around seeing friends and getting everything done that didn't get done during soccer season...most importantly, trying new recipes and having people over for dinner!!!

My camera broke, yes my absolute favorite "thing" in life. I'm sad about it, but haven't gotten up the courage to spend $600 to replace it. This just means no photos in the blog, unless I remember to take them with my phone...

Anyways - I saw this recipe for butternut squash lasagna in a Martha Stewart email. I wish I had time to be more Martha Stewart-y. I love wandering around her website looking at all the cool things she does...but who has time to do that? Well, anyways, I decided to try this recipe:

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/butternut-squash-and-sage-lasagna?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/butternut-squash-recipes-1#slide_9

butternut squash and sage lasagna. I would have taken a picture, but it didn't 'look all that impressive in the pan. but oh man...it was AMAZING. I served it with homemade applesauce and a salad. It sounds so bizarre...but you NEED to try it if you are as much of a butternut squash enthusiast as I am. I love the stuff.

Anyways - the next new recipe I tried was a Chocolate-Cinnamon Bundt Cake:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Cinnamon-Bundt-Cake-with-Mocha-Icing-354851

We were going to a Thanksgiving party that our friends throw every year...and I had not planned what I was making until the last minute, so I had to find a recipe that had all pantry staples and this is what I found. I'm always skeptical to use the bundt pan, because without fail it ALWAYS sticks. This time was no different...so although the final product wasn't the most pretty (not to mention I pulled it out of the oven ten minutes before leaving and had to serve it on a cooling rack instead of a pretty serving plate), it was DELISH. It was nice and airy and the cinnamon and chocolate, with the subtle coffee flavor were delish!! A definite easy, tasty treat!!

YUM! I love having time to make new recipes :)

A life update coming after tomorrow...I promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment