Sunday, August 28, 2011

then sings my soul.

i meant to post about this adventure a while ago. we recently went up to new hampshire (i know, i know, it's a curse word in our house, too) to hike mount chocorua.


it was a beautiful hike that was almost eight miles round trip. about three miles up, we stumbled upon this little cabin that you can sleep in if you are brave enough:


i guess it gets a little windy up up there, so the roof needed to be held down by these chains:


the beast we know as beans came with us and conquered the mountain as well. and by conquer, i mean he had to be passed down the top of the mountain so he didn't fall and he kept sitting down for a rest when we were in the home stretch. we were proud of our little mountain climber and were thankful that peter is such a good team player:


anyways, here are a few more shots from the hike:




When through the woods, and forest glades I wander

And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.

When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur

And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.


Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

1 comment: