so every blog post written lately has been all about jacob jay. if you couldn't tell, we're sort of in love with the little man. but, in case anyone is sick of him (not sure how that is possible), i've decided to throw in a dumas family favorite. i am addicted to this granola and it is constantly in our cupboard to be consumed with greek yogurt on a daily basis. this is partly to save me from not drinking coffee as my breakfast and partly because i can't get enough of this six ingredient granola. thank you martha stewart.
Honey Pecan Granola
adapted from martha stewart
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups chopped pecans*
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. preheat oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
2. mix first five ingredients together.
3. transfer to parchment lined baking sheet and spread out evenly.
4. sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon on top.
5. bake until lightly golden, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
*cousin...you can substitute in an extra cup of oats instead of the pecans. so can the rest of you nut-allergied people.